Urinary tract infection or uti in dogs, is in the main caused by a stone in the urinary bladder or kidney or an enlarged prostate in males. If not addressed instantly, urinary tract infections can cause harm to the upper parts of the urinary tract and other organs also.
One of the main symptoms of urinary tract infection in dogs is canine urinary incontinence. As well as incontinence, other signs of canine urinary infection might include frequent urination, straining to urinate without really passing any urine and increased thirst. These symptoms could possibly be a consequence of some other problem and only urinalysis and culture can corroborate the diagnosis.
UTI in puppies is more common than in fully grown dogs and female puppies are more susceptible to the problem. Veterinarians normally resort to antibiotics to treat the condition in most instances. Even while antibiotics work in most cases, it is not commonly known that the antibiotics applied for treating UTI in dogs involve higher concentrations and need to be used for sustained periods of time to be effective. This is particularly since most of the drugs are metabolized by the body and a significant amount of antibiotic is passed through urine.
Natural and herbal treatments for canine UTI assist in preventing and treating urinary infections. They also help in fortifying the immune system. Practically the same herbs that have been in use for dealing with UTI in humans are also used to address uti in dogs.
Here are some of them
* Garlic is used as a natural antibiotic. It also furnishes support to the immune system.
* Echinacea, a perennial North American herb, aids in removing residual infection.
* Rosehips, are a natural source of Vitamin C and iron. It is an effective tonic for kidney health.
* Buchu, two small flowering shrubs from South Africa are rich in essential oils. Their leaves have been employed traditionally as an herbal remedy for ailments of the gastrointestinal and urinary tracts.
* Alfalfa balances the pH level of urine and cuts down on irritation in the linings of mucous membranes.
* Uva Ursi has traditionally been utilised for its constituent glycoside arbutin. This component has medicinal attributes that act as a mild diuretic. The herb is also recognised for its antimicrobial effect. For use, the leaves can be soaked in ethanol and diluted with water to treat urinary tract complaints like cystitis and urolithiasis. It has been used for urinary tract complaints, including cystitis and urolithiasis also.
* Yarrow tincture may be used for urinary disorders and its aerial parts as a diuretic.
While applying herbal therapy for treating UTI in dogs, it is essential to monitor the procedure of the disease and use herbs for all the symptoms. In this way herbal remedies can back up the dog's natural systems to self heal in a more efficient fashion.
UTI-Free is a 100% natural, safe effective herbal and homeopathic remedy formulated to safely and effectively treat the causes and the symptoms of urinary tract and bladder infection in pets
UTI-Free comes in convenient dissolvable granule form. The tiny granules are easy to administer to pets of all sizes and personalities and are simply sprinkled on the back of the tongue and left to dissolve.
Symptoms should begin to clear within a few days and should be under control within 7 - 10 days.
Avoid dehydration and ensure your pet has easy access to fresh water in a regularly cleaned bowl. Filtered or bottled water is preferable to chlorinated or fluorinated water.
Your pet needs easy access to a place where he can urinate whenever he needs to. "Holding it in" for long periods of time can lead to chronic bladder problems.
Ensure your pet is eating a balanced, high quality diet with plenty of raw and unprocessed food (preferably organic). Avoid dried foods as much as possible and do not give your pet anything containing sugar.
Avoid exposure to toxins and chemicals as much as possible including pesticides, herbicides, commercial flea collars, flea powder, insecticides and second-hand cigarette smoke.
Use Immunity and Liver Support capsules to boost your pet's immune functioning and resistance against disease and infection.
Talk to a holistic vet before immunizing your pet. Over-vaccination may stress the immune system unnecessarily and result in a vulnerability to recurring infection.
Regular exercise will help to keep your pet healthy and fit.
Minimize the stress in your pet's environment.